Popular Katira Honeydew Drink for Iftar!
Indulge in the refreshing taste of Honeydew Katira Drink, a popular Ramadan beverage in Malaysia and Singapore. This filling drink is made with a combination of cooling ingredients such as Gum Tragacanth, Basil Seeds, and Malva Nuts, blended with fresh Honeydew and Pandan-flavored milk. Here is a simple recipe that you can follow to make this delightful drink at home.
- 2 tablespoons of Gum Tragacanth
- 2 tablespoons of Basil Seeds
- 2 tablespoons of Malva Nuts
- 1 cup of Water
- 2 cups of Milk
- 1 can of Condensed Milk
- 1 Honeydew, peeled and diced
- 2 Pandan Leaves, tied into a knot
- Soak the Gum Tragacanth in water for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Soak the Basil Seeds in water until they are plump, then drain.
- Soak the Malva Nuts in water for an hour, then drain.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Pandan-flavored milk and condensed milk. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- In a blender, blend the diced Honeydew and milk mixture until smooth.
- In a jug, add the soaked Gum Tragacanth, Basil Seeds, and Malva Nuts.
- Pour the blended Honeydew mixture into the jug, and stir well.
- Add ice cubes as desired.
- Serve chilled and enjoy the refreshing taste of Honeydew Katira Drink.
Whether you’re celebrating Ramadan or just looking for a refreshing drink, this Honeydew Katira Drink is the perfect choice. With its combination of sweet Honeydew, creamy milk, and cooling ingredients, it’s sure to quench your thirst on even the hottest days. Try making it at home and share with your loved ones during the festive season!
Here is a helpful video for those looking for more visual instruction!